* 4 day extended CPD certificate
* 2 non-consecutive full weekends
* Days will run from 10:00am-4:00pm
* Minimum 10, Maximum 25 delegates per group intake
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION 31/12/21
* Mixture of power-point presentations, group discussions and experiential learning
* Commitment to attend all 4 sessions to receive the full certificate is expected.
CLICK HERE to complete the online registration form.
About Mabadiliko Intercultural Therapy™
The Mabadiliko Intercultural Therapy™ approach is an integration of African-centred therapy and Intercultural psychotherapy. This eclectic approach addresses culture, ethnicity, race and spirituality in addition to psychological pathology. These elements are integral to working with ethnic minorities.
Mabadiliko Intercultural Therapy™ considers ALL aspects that make an individual who they are, authentically holding the person at the center of their therapy.
Why the approach was developed
After specialising in childhood and sexual trauma for many years, the founder of Mabadiliko Therapy Ltd, noticed a pattern in client presentations. The multiple layers that contributed to the complexities of healing from trauma, were often entangled with racial and cultural considerations.
The lack of training on racial-cultural diversity, the impact of institutional racism and intersectionality, can contribute towards psychological practitioners and mental health workers lacking essential cultural competencies.
The Mabadiliko Intercultural Therapy™ approach was developed to address this, and develop Intercultural communication skills.
What is African-centred Therapy?
African-centred therapy is relational in nature and is founded upon a humility approach to life. It promotes healing through interconnectedness with mind, body, spirit and the universe. Ancestral appreciation and community collectiveness aids the process of identifying your 'true self' through an African-centred lens. In addition to generational considerations, a safe space to explore racialised experiences and racial trauma is essential to the healing process for African, Asian, Black, Caribbean and ethnic minorities.
Why Intercultural psychotherapy?
Intercultural Psychotherapy is culturally sensitive talking therapy. It considers racial-cultural beliefs and practices, spirituality and other intersectionality aspects. Intercultural practitioners benefit from exploring and reflecting on their own cultural identity in addition to facilitating the space for clients to explore theirs in a safe space. Recognition of the impact of racial adversities within the therapeutic process is fundamental to intercultural therapy.
Essentially, African centred therapy + intercultural psychotherapy = Mabadiliko Intercultural Therapy™.
To show your interest please CLICK HERE to complete the online registration form.
This training is aimed at:
* Mental health professionals
* Psychological practitioners
* Coaches & Supervisors
* Other mental health workers, community leaders and professionals who use counselling skills within their role
* If you are training in any of the fields above and ideally in placement, you would also benefit
This course is for you if you are passionate about developing:
* Integrative cultural competencies
* Enhanced self awareness
* Racial-cultural understanding
* African-centred therapy skills
* Spiritual Health knowledge and application
METHOD OF DELIVERY:
Online via zoom. This event will be recorded for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Please CLICK HERE to complete the online registration form.
DON'T DELAY REGISTER TODAY. CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION 31/12/21
* Provide practitioners with a therapeutic understanding and approach that contributes to making psychological therapies more accessible to African, Asian, Caribbean, people of colour and ethnic minorities.
* Enable participants to recognise the value in being able to work with difference and diversity in relation to culture, ethnicity, race and spirituality.
* Support participants to develop more confidence in working holistically within an intercultural framework.
* Develop participants knowledge and wisdom of concepts that will enhance African-centred intercultural practice.
Please CLICK HERE to complete the online registration form.
* Non refundable registration fee of £100 payable upon confirmation of acceptance onto course.
Payment plans available
Beverley J Weston is the Director and Founder of Mabadiliko Therapy Ltd and the 'Founding Mother' of the Mabadiliko Intercultural Therapy™ approach (M.I.T). She holds a Masters Degree in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy, is an Accredited member of NCS and a registered member of BACP.
Beverley is an experienced trauma focused Intercultural Psychotherapist and wears many hats including but not limited to:
- Therapeutic Coach
- Clinical supervisor
- Presenter & Speaker
- Mental health & wellness trainer
She is passionate about improving mental health for people of colour and has a particular interest in trans-generational and inter-generational trauma, the legacy of colonialism, racial identity and spirituality within the mental health experience.
We aim to respond to all applicants within 72 hours to confirm your place on the course
We are currently working towards achieving accredited status. You will need to attend all 4 days to get the full CPD Certificate.
The event is recorded for Monitoring and evaluation purposes by Mabadiliko Therapy Ltd. The recordings of these trainings will not be shared.
The PowerPoint slides are copyrighted and remain the intellectual property of Beverly J Weston for Mabadiliko Therapy Ltd. You will be sent PDF versions of the slides after you have completed the course. You are kindly asked not to redistribute the slides.
To get the most out of the course and receive the full CPD certificate you will be expected to attend all 4 days.
Certificates of attendance will be issued if you can not attend all 4 days, with a minimum of 3 days in attendance.
If you are unable to attend due to an emergency (ill health that would significantly impact your participation, hospital attendance, bereavement, family crises etc). Please email Beverley as soon as possible at email@example.com
If you would like to cancel your order you may do so up until and including
8th January 2022.
You will be issued a full refund minus the initial non refundable deposit upon request.
For more information on the cancellation policy, please see Event Terms & Conditions
We understand that things don't always go to plan or turn out as expected. We aim to resolve any complaints with the upmost integrity, in a timely manner and by working together with a solution focused approach.
To help meet the needs of the wider community and those less financially able to afford private therapy, your support and contributions are greatly appreciated. Your generous donation can fund a client.
We are also fundraising for our new therapy centre and welcome your support.
Please state MT DONATION as your payment reference.